We are looking to hire a Human Computer Interaction (HCI)/IA help (human behaviors – use cases – step consolidation) expert. The User Experience Designer will work across both web and mobile platforms to develop the most elegant experience for mobile users. This person will work on applications end-to-end starting with user-centered design research, client goals, and product expert recommendations to develop initial Concepts and requirements through final usability and testing.
The right candidate must have a deep experience in creative application design and defining the customer journey through an application or website. Design compelling workflows and wireframes that create best-in-class mobile and web user experiences. The role will interact directly with the graphic design team.
The individual will be part of our fastest growing business unit and will have direct interaction with key clients during the strategy and development process.
- Employ user-centered design methods to develop user interface specifications such as interaction models and screen layouts, wireframes, and workflows.
- Expected to be able to support design recommendations with strong reasoning and insightful judgment of probable user experience and user satisfaction.
- Conduct user testing of features in development, gather client feedback, and iterate models and designs based on such feedback.
- Conduct analysis of UX performance metrics (web analytics) and use such metrics to guide future development.
- Bring strong creative, conceptual and problem-solving skills and design aesthetics into the company.
- Typically requires 3-5 years of work experience in interaction design, information architecture or user interface design, designing for web sites, mobile, and other online collateral, with increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrable expertise in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Proven track record delivering high-quality work while hitting product commitments and deadlines based on business requirements. Strong work ethic.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to turn product requirements, user research, usability feedback, and personal design aesthetics into easy-to-use solutions.
- Proven history of self-direction. Ability to carry out complex assignments from beginning to completion with little to no assistance required
- Solid time management skills. Ability to successfully execute on, and load balance across, multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to approach designs collaboratively and build strong cross-functional relationships, both internal and external.
- Good visual design skills (web color theory, typography, layout, image and icon design).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Online portfolio showcasing solid examples of previous design work that demonstrates elegant workflow solutions
- At least 4 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, user interface designer, information architect, or similar role. Significant mobile experience necessary, web experience a huge plus.