This role will be a senior project manager charged with leading comprehensive development projects that include: Discovery, Development, Launch, and Support. Project Managers provide the structure and support the overall vision for assigned projects (e.g. web development, mobile applications, advertising, media, strategy, technology, etc).
Project managers must ensure that these projects meet or exceed internal team and client expectations and are delivered on-time and on-budget. Within that role the senior project manager may be responsible for supervising one or more project managers, project leads, and/or coordinators. They will interface heavily with senior marketing, technical, and executive management within the client to assure that the solution is understood and addresses the customer’s business requirements. They will also ensure that the challenge and requirements are understood by the team and will participate in the solution developed by the team. They are also responsible for the accurate financial management of the portfolio of projects to which they’re assigned.
- Must have ability to think strategically based on client’s target customer, and drive key feature requirements of mobile and web applications.
- Experience managing technical projects including web applications, software applications, and mobile apps required
- Must have experience and high-level knowledge of software and web development languages.
- Develops and demonstrates an understanding of the client’s business, their needs, expectations, and requirements.
- Collaborates with the project team to drive the approach, deliverables, schedule and tools to deliver the project within established constraints.
- Works with client team as well as any and all members of assigned project team to estimate costs and timing for tasks such as project strategy, functional design, visual design, technology requirements, etc., utilizing established estimating process and tools.
- Experience managing customer research including surveys and focus groups, and ability to drive findings into feature requirements.
- Coordinates all activities of the project team and ensures that project tasks are completed by: scheduling and facilitating project-related team meetings (i.e. kick-offs, status, internal/client reviews, etc,), communicating action steps to team, and delivering weekly status reports to project team, the client and management.
- 5-7 years of experience managing interactive projects, preferably in an, agency, software, or web development firm.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following: software development life cycles, web technologies, web and application development processes, mobile application development and the delivery of solutions with creative and engineering components, media and advertising projects, and digital strategy projects.
- Advanced understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and run team meetings.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage multiple project coordinators, leads and/or managers at one time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate staff/project team, inspire teamwork and take a leadership role.
- Ability to solve complex problems with keen instincts and organizational experience.
- Familiarity with project management software offerings.
- Must be able to simultaneously focus on big picture, details and driving results.
- Strong knowledge of contract interpretation and negotiation.
- 1-3 years of people management experience.
Compensation will be commensurate with the market.