BestFit Mobile – Austin, TX
This Mobile Graphic UI Designer will be a key member of the BestFit design team and will work across both web and mobile platforms. They will design both UI concepts and final user interfaces for mobile apps. This person will work on applications end-to-end starting with user-centered design research, client goals, and product expert recommendations to develop initial concepts and requirements through final usability and testing. In addition, corporate branding and design will be required to assist in the promotion of BestFit Mobile.
The right candidate must have a deep experience in creative application design and defining the customer journey through an application or website. Design compelling workflows and wireframes that create best-in-class mobile and web user experiences.
The individual will be part of our fastest growing business unit and will have direct interaction with key clients during the strategy and development process.
- Employ user-centered design methods to develop user interface specifications such as interaction models and screen layouts, wireframes, and workflows.
- Expected to be able to support design recommendations with strong reasoning and insightful judgment of probable user experience and user satisfaction.
- Conduct user testing of features in development, gather client feedback, and iterate models and designs based on such feedback.
- Conduct analysis of UX performance metrics (web analytics) and use such metrics to guide future development.
- Bring strong creative, conceptual and problem-solving skills and design aesthetics into the company.
- Requires experience in interactive design, information architecture or user interface design, designing for web sites, mobile, and other online collateral, with increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrable expertise in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Proven track record delivering high-quality work while hitting product commitments and deadlines based on business requirements. Strong work ethic.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to turn product requirements, user research, usability feedback, and personal design aesthetics into easy-to-use solutions.
- Proven history of self-direction. Ability to carry out complex assignments from beginning to completion with little to no assistance required
- Solid time management skills. Ability to successfully execute on, and load balance across, multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to approach designs collaboratively and build strong cross-functional relationships, both internal and external.
- Good visual design skills (web color theory, typography, layout, image and icon design).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Online portfolio showcasing solid examples of previous design work that demonstrates elegant workflow solutions
- Experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, user interface designer, information architect, or similar role. Significant mobile experience necessary, web experience a huge plus.
- This individual should have a college degree or similar experience.
- Client facing/client management experience with a track record of satisfied clients and completed projects
- Ability to think creatively during product design phase.
Compensation will be commensurate with the market.